Cytokines my unknown nemesis

 
All this time I thought it was just my brain that kept me up at night. No. It seems that my immune system is talking too much with each other and every other cell in my body, including my brain. No wonder I don’t sleep with all the chattering all over my body – well, that is all of me.
According to the article Tired but Wide Awake which outlined a study published on May 25 in the journal Biological Psychiatry:

Cytokines are fundamental signaling molecules of the immune system that allow communication of immune cells with each other as well as communication with other tissues, including the brain.
What does the study mean to me? Nothing. Funded by the National Institute of Mental Health. Enough said. Well, people have said I should get myself checked but until it’s verified by an expert or two, I’m as sane as you are. Which is probably not that sane. Sanity is really a big illusion. Shush. Don’t tell anyone. I won’t tell. So until I’m being watched by ‘strange people’ outside my bedroom for signs of abnormality. I jest. Mental Illness is no joke. Not all mad people are mad. It’s the sane ones you should be watching out for. Until then. Scientists will take longer to get to ‘normal’ people like you and me who have problems with sleep deprivation.
My insomnia is not fatal. Can’t be. I’m not dead yet. I’m not. But who can verify that? Life is but an illusion too. Sorry, back to my problem. It’s not chronic. Just painfully sporadic. Sleep is playing a little game with me. When I think he’s going to around for a while, he disappears on me. Then when I’m despairing and getting used to him not being around, he appears again.
In the meantime, to hate cytokines, my immune system, is like hating that imperfect toe. Unless somebody somewhere is responsible for making things up and cytokines are just one of those things. Well, they succeeded in getting me blogging about it.
Ah well, the search and game-playing continues. Without Sleep I can’t function. Without me, Sleep, you forget, you don’t exist. Not in my mind. Perhaps you stay away because Insomnia won’t leave me alone. Who knows? I don’t.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Find more sex dolls answers

We love the screaming': One Direction reveal their favourite thing about being superstars is the loud fans